Labels

Monday, February 27, 2023


 

“Gone too Soon”                                                                                     February 27, 2023

 

I have given this so much thought. There are so many who I feel have gone too soon or gone too young.  Although my heart hurts when I think of ALL those that that have passed and I miss them terribly, there are those who I feel their lives were cut short and “gone too soon”.  I’d like to share with you those people.  

Nathanial Golden: died at the tender age of 10 in a vehicle accident. Nate was the son of my nephew Charles Victor Golden who is the son of my brother Charles Philip Golden. I never met Nate but was told by many that he was a wonderful, happy, loving young person. Seems like God got one of the good ones early!!

Gregory Golden: died at the age of 23. Gregory was the son of my brother Robert Richard Golden. Gregory was a loving, kind, helpful young man. He was there when you needed him, he was great at helping with conflict and having your back when you needed it.  Truly a great loss for the family.

Charles Philip Golden: died at age 67 from heart disease.  Charlie was my brother. Charlie was a talented musician and loved making people laugh. He was playing the accordion at age 5 and could pick up almost any instrument and play it. He had an adoring wife and 3 terrific kids. 

Charles Victor Golden: died at age 69 from heart disease and cancer. Charlie was my father. I was one of the lucky ones to have a terrific daddy.

Charles Edward Gallagher: died at age 66 of a very brief illness. Charlie was my father-in-law; Mark’s dad.  He was a very loving and kind man who adored his family.  He was so happy when he started having grandchildren. He would walk around town with the carriage (yes, carriage, not stroller) showing off the baby.

Charles Francis Gallagher: died at age 40. He was Charles Edwards’s father - Mark’s grandfather.  This man came to the United States when he was 22 from Donegal, Ireland.  He too died from a brief illness when his only child was just 2 years old. It’s no wonder that Charles Edward treasured his family.

Marie Eleanor Caddell nee Vampatella:  died at age 41 from cancer. Marie was my maternal aunt.  She was a beautiful woman who had a hard life with a mean husband.  She loved her nieces and nephews. She too had a knack for music.  One day she just started playing the piano and her siblings would gather round and sing with her. 

Angelina Skrocki nee Vampatella: died at age 48 from cancer. Angelina was my maternal aunt. She was a very funny lady who will always have a very special place in my heart.

Antoinette Vampatella nee Rapuano: died at age 56 from cancer.  Antoinette was my maternal grandmother.  I was two years old when she passed and have no memory of her.  Everyone said she was a sweet loving lady. I took her name as my confirmation name to honor her. My oldest daughter was born on her birthday – April 27th.

Carmen Rapuano: died at age 25 in 1946 from heart anomaly. He was going to the minor leagues!  Baseball was in his blood.

There are so many others. I think of the Vampatella twins that died in Sicily when they were two years old and their father was in the United States trying to make some money for his family, Salvatore Vampatella who died as child from tetanus in Sicily, and all the others that we will never know about, no matter how much research we do. 

Gone too soon….Gone too young…. Gone but hopefully not forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. So very sad, all those precious lives cut short. Important to be kind and supportive to everyone as you never know what they are going through. xox

    ReplyDelete

 Prompt: Changing Names:                                                                                       February 24, 2024 This prompt...